Watch this video to see exactly how to apply to the Sewanee Summer Music Festival!
Enlarge for a better view by clicking the expand button at the bottom right of the movie!
Applications are only considered when all materials, including application fee, are submitted via the Musiccas online application portal.
Returning students do not need to submit letters of recommendation or audition files. A Musiccas application and application fee must still be submitted.
What you need before you start:
O 2 Letters of Recommendation- .PDF
O Repertoire List
O 2 Audition Audio Files- .MP3 (no video)
O Credit Card
5 Things You Need To Know
- You need a resume/repertoire list, 2 letters of recommendation, 2 audition files, and a credit card BEFORE you begin your application.
- Application Fees are $15 through January 31, 2014 & $60 after January 31. You must have completed your application through Musiccas to take advantage of the reduced fee).
- All Alumni & Pre-Accepted Students are exempt from submitting a musical audition file and recommendation letters: just record yourself saying your name, instrument, and what you love most about the SSMF or are looking forward to and attach the file where the audition file goes. The 5 most creative responses will receive an extra lesson and the opportunity to pick their own dorm room. (If you don’t know how to record your voice and save it to a computer file, see the bottom of this web page for instructions). You must still submit an application and application fee via Musiccas. SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS: If you are applying for Scholarship, you must submit an audio recording along with your Musiccas Application to establish merit.
- You must submit all application materials through Musiccas at once. You cannot go back and add / subtract anything or submit materials any other way.
- The earlier you apply, the quicker the response. Acceptances begin in March.
5 easy steps:
(If applying as a Chamber Ensemble, choose “Chamber Music”. Note: All members of your Ensemble must also fill out an individual application for their instrument.)
- Click the blue “Start” button on the right and fill out all the information.
- Attach your audition / recommendation files.
- Review the application and pay the fee.
1. Create a MUSICCAS account at www.musiccas.com. A valid email address is required. If you do not receive registration information immediately, please check your spam folder.
2. Search and Apply for Sewanee Summer Music Festival under Program Name. Select the instrument you are applying for. A blue “Start” tab will appear on the right of your Dashboard. Example: “Sewanee Summer Music Festival, Violin Festival Summer 2014”.
Chamber Ensembles: In addition to applying as Chamber Ensemble, members of the Ensemble must also apply as individuals in their specific instrument discipline.
Pianists: Please specify whether you are applying for the Pre-Collegiate piano program or the Advanced Piano Program.
3. Click on the blue ‘Start’ tab to begin your Application Process.
a. Fill out Application Form and click ‘Apply!’
b. Fill out Scholarship Application (if applicable) and click ‘Submit.’ Individuals who are applying as a Chamber Ensemble may still fill out the Scholarship Application if they so choose.
c. Upload Files to Media Library and Attach Audition Requirements (you might need to refresh your webpage if you have just attached the audio files for them to be available)
i. Attach Media Files
ii. Attach Repertoire list
iii. Attach Résumé
iv. Attach Two Letters of Recommendation, including one from private teacher. Optional: Have teachers submit recommendation letters through our online web form. It will be attached to the student’s 2014 Application record.
4. Review and Submit non-refundable Application Fee of $15.00 prior to January 31, 2014 and $60.00 after January 31, 2014.
MUSICCAS Media Requirements:
Unlimited Portfolio Size
Individual Maximum File Size: 1 GB
Audio Format Requirements: mp3, mp4, wav, ogg, vorbix, m4a
If you do not know how to convert audio files to the abovementioned requirements, please go to this website.
File Types: pdf, doc, png, jpg, jpeg
Contact MUSICCAS to address any technical difficulties regarding media submissions.
Phone: (408) 982-5534
Support Tab on Left: Live Chat or Submit Support Tickets
Contact Sewanee Summer Music Festival at 931-598-1225 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for non-technical questions.
Instructions to record your voice:
Windows- click on the link for instructions
Macintosh- open Quick Time, Click File> New Audio Recording