Application Season Extended!
The Sewanee Summer Music Festival will now be doing rolling admissions. Applications will be accepted until all positions in all studios are filled! Notices of studio availability will be posted soon. Contact the office if you have questions or concerns. Please continue to apply!
Update: The Flute studio is full and has a waiting list.
Update #2: The Clarinet studio now has a waiting list for college students but openings for high school clarinet students.
Update #3: These are the studios with openings: high school oboe, bassoon, high school trumpet, high school horn, high school trombone, high school percussion, violin, viola, cello, harp, piano
Watch this video to see exactly how to apply to the Sewanee Summer Music Festival!
Enlarge for a better view by clicking the expand button at the bottom right of the movie!
What you need before you start:
O 2 Letters of Recommendation- .PDF
O Repertoire List
O 2 Audition Audio Files- .MP3 (no video)
O Credit Card
5 Things You Need To Know
- You need a resume/repertoire list, 2 letters of recommendation, 2 audition files, and a credit card BEFORE you begin your application.
- Application Fees are $15 through February 1, 2013 & $60 after February 1. (you must have completed your application through Musiccas to take advantage of the reduced fee)
- All Alumni & Pre-Accepted Students are exempt from submitting a musical audition file and recommendation letters: just record yourself saying your name, instrument, and what you love most about the SSMF or are looking forward to and attach the file where the audition file goes. The 5 most creative responses will receive an extra lesson and the opportunity to pick their own dorm room. (If you don’t know how to record your voice and save it to a computer file, see the bottom of this web page for instructions) STIPULATION FOR ALUMNI & PRE-ACCEPTANCE STUDENTS: IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID, YOU MUST SUBMIT AN AUDIO RECORDING TO ESTABLISH MERIT. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED THE MUSICCAS APPLICATION, SEND YOUR AUDITION FILE TO SSMF@SEWANEE.EDU (via www.wetransfer.com if your file is too large for e mail) AND IT WILL BE ATTACHED TO YOUR ACCOUNT.
- You must submit all application materials through Musiccas at once. You cannot go back and add/subtract anything or submit materials any other way.
- The earlier you apply, the quicker your response. Acceptances begin in March.
5 easy steps:
- Go to Musiccas.com and create a Musiccas account
- Search for the Sewanee Summer Music Festival program & your instrument
- Click the blue “Start” button on the right and fill out all the information
- Attach your audition/recommendation files
- Review the application and pay the fee.
1. Create a MUSICCAS account at www.musiccas.com. A valid email address is required. If you do not receive registration information immediately, please check your spam folder.
2. Search and Apply for Sewanee Summer Music Festival under Program Name. Select the instrument you are applying for. A blue “Start” tab will appear on the right of your Dashboard. Example: “Sewanee Summer Music Festival, Violin Festival Summer 2013”
3. Click on the blue ‘Start’ tab to begin your Application Process.
a. Fill out Application Form and click ‘Apply!’
b. Fill out Financial Aid Application (if applicable) and click ‘Submit.’ This does not apply to Choral Institute Applicants.
c. Upload Files to Media Library and Attach Audition Requirements (you might need to refresh your webpage if you have just attached the audio files for them to be available)
i. Attach Media Files
ii. Attach Repertoire list
iii. Attach Résumé
iv. Attach Two Letters of Recommendation, including one from private teacher (if your teacher does not want to hand the letter to you to send on, they may fill out this recommendation web form which will be attached to the students record.
4. Review and Submit non-refundable Application Fee of $15.00 prior to February 1, 2013 and $60.00 after February 1, 2013.
MUSICCAS Media Requirements:
Unlimited Portfolio Size
Individual Maximum File Size: 1 GB
Audio Format Requirements: mp3, mp4, wav,ogg, vorbix, m4a
If you do not know how to convert audio files to the abovementioned requirements, please go to this website.
File Types: pdf, doc, png, jpg, jpeg
Contact MUSICCAS to address any technical difficulties regarding media submissions.
Phone: (408) 982-5534
Support Tab on Left: Live Chat or Submit Support Tickets
Contact Sewanee Summer Music Festival at 931-598-1225 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for non-technical questions.
Instructions to record your voice:
Windows- click on the link for instructions
Macintosh- open Quick Time, Click File> New Audio Recording